I’ve read a lot of books. Listened to a lot of podcasts, lectures, etc. Some better than others. Some much better than others.
Let me help you weed through the garden of what’s out there. These are unpaid recommendations based on my own experience and books that have resonated with my clients. Share freely with loved ones who you think could benefit.
Nutrition and Eating
These books offer insight into intuitive eating and the gut-brain connection. I do not receive a commission for these recommendations.
- Intuitive Eating: A Revolutionary Anti-Diet Approach
- The Rules of “Normal” Eating: A Commonsense Approach for Dieters, Overeaters, Undereaters, Emotional Eaters, and Everyone in Between!
- The Mind-Gut Connection: How the Hidden Conversation Within Our Bodies Impacts Our Mood, Our Choices, and Our Overall Health
- Brain Maker: The Power of Gut Microbes to Heal and Protect Your Brain for Life
Relationships are part of life and these books can help you navigate the ones in yours. I do not receive a commission for these recommendations.
- Difficult Mothers: Understanding and Overcoming Their Power
- The Emotionally Absent Mother: A Guide to Self-Healing and Getting the Love You Missed
- The Drama of the Gifted Child: The Search for the True Self
- Will I Ever Be Good Enough?: Healing the Daughters of Narcissistic Mothers
- Children of the Self-Absorbed: A Grown-Up’s Guide to Getting Over Narcissistic Parents
- Toxic Parents: Overcoming Their Hurtful Legacy and Reclaiming Your Life
- The Dance of Anger: A Woman’s Guide to Changing the Patterns of Intimate Relationships
- Set Boundaries, Find Peace: A Guide to Reclaiming Yourself
(Internal Family Systems)
Learn how to accept and honor all parts of yourself. I do not receive a commission for these recommendations..
Whether you have had big T trauma or little t trauma, I find these books to be helpful to people who need to heal. I do not receive a commission for these recommendations.
- Trauma Tool Kit: Healing PTSD from the Inside Out
- The Trauma Map: Five Steps to Reconnect With Yourself
- The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma
- When the Body Says No: Exploring the Stress-Disease Connection
- Nurturing Resilience: Helping Clients Move Forward from Developmental Trauma
- The Polyvagal Theory in Therapy: Engaging the Rhythm of Regulation
Learn more about the relationships we have with loved ones. I do not receive a commission for these recommendations.
- Wired for Love: How Understanding Your Partner’s Brain and Attachment Style Can Help You Defuse Conflict and Build a Secure Relationship
- The Developing Mind, Third Edition: How Relationships and the Brain Interact to Shape Who We Are
- The Power of Showing Up: How Parental Presence Shapes Who Our Kids Become and How Their Brains Get Wired
Sometimes traditional medicine can identify an issue but not inform you how to handle the diagnosis emotionally or mentally. These books can. I do not receive a commission for these recommendations.
- How to Be Sick: Your Pocket Companion
- The Trauma Spectrum: Hidden Wounds and Human Resiliency
- Finding Meaning: The Sixth Stage of Grief
- The Brain’s Way of Healing: Remarkable Discoveries and Recoveries from the Frontiers of Neuroplasticity
- How to Be Sick: A Buddhist-Inspired Guide for the Chronically Ill and Their Caregivers
- How to Wake Up: A Buddhist-Inspired Guide to Navigating Joy and Sorrow
- How to Live Well with Chronic Pain and Illness: A Mindful Guide
I found these books to be soothing for myself and many clients. I do not receive a commission for these recommendations.